I am Bill Murray living in Ground Hog Day!! :-) Another day – another wait! I got up this morning and headed out to get Ira. The kids were back in classes today – spring break is over. That is not a problem for us though. I’m still able to pull her out of class and take her with me for the day so I’m very grateful for that! We came back to the apartment and a little while later walked KT down to the internet café. She spent a little while there catching up on stuff and then we all headed out to the one and only restaurant in town. We had an “interesting” lunch but it was a nice break and change of pace. The day was kind of overcast and cool compared to the last 2 weeks so we didn’t stay outside. We headed on back in and spent the afternoon just relaxing and enjoying being together.
Yesterday when we went to the market Ira had me buy her a small bag of candy, some sunflower seeds and a cookie – kind of like a Twix candy bar and wrapped the same way. Each day that we go to the market we buy this type of “stash”. She usually keeps the sunflower seeds but takes the rest of her stash back to the orphanage to share with her friends. Well yesterday she kept the stash here – but I didn’t know this. And the other fact I was missing was that she stashed her “stash” in the little night stand next to my bed. So – I go to bed last night – and to sleep - only to be awakened by Mickey and Minnie!!! I awoke to “thump” – “scratch scratch – rustle rustle rustle”!!! Oh man – here we go again so I reach over and tapped on the nightstand – immediate scurrying and then…. all got quiet! Back to sleep – just dozing off – “thump” – scratch scratch – rustle rustle – finally I just said – look guys – I need to sleep – hold it down already!!!! :-) Finally quiet – I think it was quiet only because they got the “Twix” type cookie bar open. I didn’t care at that point – if eating kept them quiet I was all for it!!!
So this morning when Ira got here I showed her the stash and got out her markers and sketch pad and drew a mouse – then I mimicked all the noises and mama sleeping to be awakened – she thought it was hysterical!!!!! But – she’s a smart girl – she grabbed the Twix cookie – threw it away and put the rest of the stash in her bag. Tonight when I got back from the orphanage after dropping her off I checked ALL the drawers in my room – nothing!!! No more stashes – hopefully no more Mickey and Minnie! Hoping for a quiet and peaceful nights sleep tonight!!!
Still waiting on our one document – hoping it will be ready tomorrow. Monday is a holiday and they don’t produce these documents on Tues or Thurs. so if it is not ready tomorrow – then next Wednesday is the best shot. We have court tentatively set for Thursday of next week – contingent on this document getting here either tomorrow (Friday) or Wed. next week –everyone keep your fingers crossed for us. I am so hoping I don’t have to go into the following week waiting for court!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
so sorry to hear you are being held up by "I". We got our visa today and leave tomorrow at 6:45 am!! I hope you get to court soon!!!
ReplyDeletehugs,
ps-have tried to call repeatedly but it will not go through